Emma grew up in a horsey family and has been riding since 3 years of age. Starting out in Pony Club and some showing, it was at 15 when Emma became serious about showing and the rest is history! Being fortunate to ride some national level horses for multiple wins throughout Australia for over a decade, Emma is a wealth of knowledge, experience and positive influence in the sport.
"I love being an ambassador for BARE as they are a really positive, generous, and supportive. There are constantly going above and beyond to help the equestrian community and supporting a diverse range of riders. I’ve personally been a part of Team BARE for over two years now and I can’t thank them enough for the continued support."
Quick questions with Emma
WHAT EQUESTRIAN ACHIEVEMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF?
- 2022 Bathurst Royal Supreme Champion Hack of the Show on Ascot Barbara Ann 2022 Pacific Coast Hack Championships Champion Rider over 30yrs
- 2022 Dubbo Country Hack Championships: Champion Large Hunter Hack on EBL His Royal Highness and Runner-up Open Large Galloway on Northernridge Romantic Night
- Multi Grand National, Royal and National Championships in the Large Show Hunter Hack on EBL Juliett
- 2016 Grand National Championships: Supreme Champion Show Horse on Royalwood Concerto
- Plus, many, many more wins at Grand National, National, HOTYs and Royal wins
HOW DO YOU STAY MOTIVATED?
By setting goals. As I ride so many different horses (ages, breeds and training levels) it is important to set a goal to achieve on each horse per ride.
I am so lucky for being able to ride so many different horses.
WHAT IS YOUR BEST COMPETITION DAY TIP OF ADVICE?
- Allow for extra time on competition days, this decreases stress and allows for preparation times and a good warm-up.
- Have a checklist of everything you need.
- Remind yourself that it isn’t all about winning, sure it’s nice but as long as you do your best and you’re happy with your horse’s performance, then it was a successful day.
- Show gratitude to the committee, sponsors, and judges.
DO YOU HAVE A PARTICULAR GOALS YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT IN 2023?
I’m excited to show my own filly at some competitions this year and continue riding the fantastic team of horses I am currently fortunate to ride.
WHICH ARE YOUR FAVOURITE BARE PRODUCTS AND WHY?
Performance Tights: Would have to be my all-time favorite product to ride in, they are stylish, comfortable, breathable and I can ride all day in them without any rubbing or discomfort. They come in all different colours and patterns, so I can mix-up my daily looks. I can also wear them to the gym and out running.
Competition tights (stone, hunter, and vanilla cream): these tights have super grip, fit easily under my top boots and can be easily changed to wear short-boots as well. They are super comfortable, and I can ride in them all day.
Technical Riding Shirt: these are great for riding in all year round, they are light weight and breathable while offering sun-protection.
FOLLOW EMMA ON SOCIAL
Facebook: Emma Adams